I grew up on a dairy farm and learned to cook from scratch. As an artist, I love the art of putting together ingredients and seasonings to make food that my family and others enjoy. This is a food blog to record the 'from scratch' recipes I learned as a girl on our dairy farm and add other recipes I've learned along the way. We love to travel, so I will also be taking recipes from our travels and recreating them. Oh yea... I'll be adding some of my paintings along the way too.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

My Deck Herb Garden


Instead of planting my herbs in my garden this year, I planted them on pots and put them on my deck. For the most part they thrived. My basil however hasn't grown as well as it does in the garden. I love the convenience of having my herbs right outside my door. Next summer I will do this again, but I will put my basil both on my deck and in my garden. That way I can have the convenience of a few leaves to freshen my dishes and enough to make fresh pesto along with some to freeze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Eggs and Coffee

I ran across an old drawing and painting I did back in 2010. Thought it would be fun to share it.